Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Presidential Debate

FRUSTRATING! This is the only word that can describe this debate. The key issue in tonight's debate is the financial crisis. We are in the worse economic situation since the great depression in 1929. Obama made a reference, which has almost become a catch phrase for him, "from wall street to main street." By this he means that he is going to help the working man in middle class USA, and that he is going to stop putting the stock market above common citizens. What is ironic about this though, is that when asked about the financial crisis, NEITHER candidate stated how it will affect their presidency. All these two can focus on is how the other [candidate] is against key issues that they feel the American people care most about. I wish that politicians would forget about defaming each other and focus on the public. Here are a couple of key points about the financial situation and why this "bail-out" plan is infuriating and about politicians. We the people are paying a lot of money to "bail out" lenders and banks because they had irresponsible lending practices. So, you and I are bailing out these companies so the financial market can stay afloat and our country's financial infrastructure doesn't collapse. Okay I can see that. But when I overdrew my bank account by just a few dollars, I was charged $36 per item that cleared while my account was in the negative, whether it was my fault or not. My bank wouldn't bail me out when I was in a financial crisis? Why should I bail them out? I love having decisions made for me by people who don't struggle financially. I don't struggle any more, but I did at one point. My next point about politicians. I LOVE how they defame each other. If I said some of those negative, untruthful things about the person next to me, I would have a civil suit against me for defamation of character, but out presidential nominees can do it? Both candidates are doing fairly well, but the best person in this debate is the moderator, Jim Leher from PBS. He is a hard hitter and not afraid to read into what the candidates are really saying. I just wanted to vent for a minute and use my freedom of speech. :o) I hope you all have a good night. This is Ryan, by the way. Good night!

1 comment:

MelissaB said...

wow. you did need to vent a little!
I can definitely see your point about the "bail out" plan.
so far i think that obama is slightly ahead of Mcain. at least he doesnt seem to be trying to dodge as many questions.