Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

My Placenta Moved!

At the 20 week ultra sound we were told that the placenta was down near the cervix which isn't a good thing because if it stayed near the opening I would have to have a c-section instead of natural birth. (To eliminate risk of the placenta being "born" before the baby)

So at today's appointment I had another ultrasound to see if it had moved, and IT DID!! So no surgery for me! I'm such a wuss, I've never been to the hospital before (other than to give birth). I've never needed surgery for anything, and I didn't want to start now!
Although they had told us before that it is fairly common for the placenta to be down near the cervix and move later, it was still really good to hear that it had moved!
It was so cool getting to see little Keegan again! Ultra sounds are my second favorite part of pregnancy. :)

The first two ultrasound pictures are from two months ago, at 20 weeks preggo.

Top: side view of the baby's head, belly and a leg (no, he is not that blessed in boy parts) ;)
Bottom: side view of head with his hand up near his mouth




Top Left: This one is a 3D of his face with is hand up against his head. I guess he was trying to hide from us today.

Bottom Left: baby Keegan looking at us






Top Right: his little hand, waving "hello" !

Bottom Right: His little feet (that have been kicking my bladder a lot lately!)


Oh I cant believe how fast the time has gone! In my third trimester already! Soon I will be able to hold little Keegan in my arms! What a blessing that will be :) God is so good to us, sometimes I can't believe Ryan & I have been entrusted with such a wonderful and precious gift!



No comments: