Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Welcome Home Ron! :)

Ryan's brother, Ron [and his family: Christina and their two children Gavin(4) and Abby (2)] are finally back in the states after his third tour in Iraq.
He got back the 10th with his family, so Ryan and I headed home Wednesday night at 11:30pm to go see the family for weekend. We arrived at my MIL at 2:00am and when I tried to put Hunter in his pack n' play to go back to sleep, he wasn't having it! he just cried and cried. Normally I would have let him cry for a few minutes and go to sleep but since Gavin and Abby were asleep I didn't want him to wake them up. I ended up holding him most the night. Ryan stayed up with me because he couldn't sleep either. Hunter finally fell asleep on the floor at about 5:00am so I laid him in his pack 'n play so I could go to sleep. Three hours later he was awake and ready for breakfast.

Despite little sleep for all of us, Thursday we spent relaxing and having a good time catching up with the family. Friday Ron and Christina went to visit other family in the area, so Ryan and I had a nice relaxing day watching t.v and playing with Hunter.
Every night was spent playing games like Euchre and Apples to Apples,
Ryan and I won two out of three hands of Euchre :) I'm getting better! lol.

Saturday my MIL threw a party for Ron and the fam. just a time for extended family and friends to come and spend some time with Ron and Christina and the kids. there was a ton of food. she made a turkey, a ham, a goose, and potatoes, yams, corn, rolls to go with it. but the best part was the cheese ball appetizers. One of the three they made was a chocolate chip flavor mix that you make with cream cheese. It had mini chocolate chips in it and they bought graham cracker sticks to eat it with. It was like a cheesecake, which is my favorite dessert ever! :-P

Sunday Ryan and I headed for home. Thankfully the roads were clear (unlike the last time we came back to the arbor after a weekend home). It was really nice to be able to go "home" and see the family, but it is always nice to be come back to our home. Especially since my MIL keeps her house at 80 degrees!

The other best part of the weekend is that school is officially done for the semester so I didn't have to try to do homework while spending time with the family. :D I got to just RELAX for once!!!!

that is all for now, more to come... ...

No comments: