Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Past Few Days

Okay, I am finally updating! I know you have all been waiting to see pictures of little Keegan :)
The C-section went really well. All of the doctors and nurses and the anesthesiologists did a great job! I had been really nervous about having to have surgery, but after talking to a few people, by Christmas I wasn't nervous at all anymore. I was still kinda hoping the baby would turn so that I wouldn't need surgery, but when I woke up the morning of the 26th I could feel his head right under my chest. He hadn't moved.
You aren't allowed to eat anything before surgery, so by the time we got to the hospital at 2:00 I was starving from not being able to eat or drink anything since midnight. The nurse checked us in and started my prep for surgery. when she checked to see if the baby had turned at all, he was still breech.
So at about 5:00 I have my own little parade down the hall with Ryan, two nurses, a doctor, and the anesthesiologist to the OR. I was given a spinal (which is basically the same as an epidural) and within a minute my stomach and legs are numb and they begin the C-section!
I couldn't feel a thing, they pulled the baby out, then they take out the entire uterus to get the placenta out and everything. Weird. Glad I couldn't see it!
The baby was placed next to me on its own little table thing where they cleaned him up and made sure he was breathing alright and everything. As the doctor checked him out I hear him say, "Ten fingers, ten toes, a twig and two berries."
Lol. That made me smile even more. (Ryan wonders what he would have said if it had been a little girl)
It was so amazing to see my little boy finally! Anyone who has experienced birth knows what I mean!
Keegan definitely looks a little bit more like me then Hunter did. :) He doesn't have quite as much hair, but it is jet black like Hunter's was.

Here is the best (worst) part of the story. Afterward the doctor told us that when they made the incision, they saw a little baby head. What!?!?!?!?
Yes, Keegan had turned himself around at some point in time within an hour of the surgery. That little stinker! I hope this isn't a preview of what is to come... ;)

But either way, I am doing well, Keegan is healthy, Ryan likes having a little one again, Hunter, well he is a bit jealous, but I think he likes Keegan too. :)

Stats: 6lbs. 4 oz.
19 1/4 inches long
official time of birth: 5:35pm
ten fingers, ten toes, a twig and two berries! ;)
So with out further delay, here is what you have all been waiting for:
PICTURES!!!





This is the first scrapbook page I have made for little Keegan. foot prints from the hospital :)

We had a good stay in the hospital, my grandmother watched Hunter for us while we were gone, so Saturday Ryan drove back home to pick them up so they could come visit for a little while. It was good to see Hunter, I missed him so much!
Friday night my father and his girlfriend, and my sister came to visit. And he brought flowers for me :)
back to saturday, after Ryan left to take my grandma and Hunter back home, my sister Lisa came with her family to visit us. It was really good to see them, they live about an hour and a half away so we dont see them often enough! after dinner time (which at the hospital is like 4:30, lol) my mom came to see us. She also brought me flowers :) white roses and blue baby's breath, really pretty.
Everyone was so excited to see the new little baby, and couldn't believe how tiny he is!
Sunday we had a full house! Ryan's whole family (almost) came down to visit. It was good to see everyone. Keegan's cousins, like most little kids, were a little jealous that mom and dad were holding a new baby. it was cute. :)
That night my mom came back to visit us again, and this time she had brought a new roll of film. she was really excited to get pictures back of Keegan, so she took all 25 that night and went to a 1 hour photo to get them developed. hehe. My mom is so funny with her ancient camera. ;)

We were able to go home sunday night, and just like we did with Hunter, we broke two rules of having a baby that first night home.
I fell asleep with him holding him on my chest for most the night. and for an hour or two, I slept with him next to me in bed. lol.
That first night, just like with Hunter, he wouldn't sleep unless I was holding him. But Monday night, he did really well and slept in his bassinet like he is supposed to :)
so I promise no more sleeping in bed with mom and dad. hehe.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

He's adorable Melissa! Glad everything turned out fine and that he's healthy! Hope to see you four :) soon!